Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Salty Sal

 
 
Well, I missed a day of being thankful.  I never was very good at discipline.  But, I move on.  Today I'm thankful for a good night's sleep.  It's not easy to come by at my age.  It takes me an hour to get to sleep and then I wake up in a hot flash a few hours later.  I throw off the covers to cool off and try to get back to sleep. Thirty minutes later I'm shivering cold and pull the blankets back up.  I have strange dreams about being pregnant and having babies that I forget about. I wake up sweatin' like a butcher, throw off the blankets again and so it goes until my alarm goes off at 6:30 AM. And people wonder why I'm crabby! If I'm lucky, once a week my hormones go into remission and I only wake up once or twice. I'm thankful for those nights.  

1 comment: