Monday, January 1, 2018

The Table Is Set

There are few more welcoming words in the English language than, “The table is ready.” Unfortunately Lenny and I have succumbed to the uncivilized habit of dishing up at the stove, pulling up a TV tray and eating in front of the TV. During the holidays I dig to the bottom of the drawer in my antique dresser and pull out beautifully embossed tablecloths and napkins. My sister, LuAnn, brought them to me from Syria, where she had lived for 2 years. I find joy in putting together a lovely table. 
And even greater joy in welcoming my family around it. With hot soup, crispy salad and Coors Beer! 

Christmas Eve Mom set her table in the glamorous way she always does. Cornish Game Hens, Brussel sprouts, lutefisk and lefse were yummy.


The Brussel sprouts were fit for a Queen's table. Gorgeous. 


Then came New Year’s Eve. Red and green were switched out for a table of bright colors and confetti. Prime Rib and shrimp were served in celebratory fashion. 

Happy New Year to my dear, devoted readers. In 2018 may all your tables be festive and your meals hearty and satisfying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment