Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Frozen Faith

I don’t know about you, but I’m starting to dream about my summer garden. I have to admit that in late August I am ready to be done with the weeding and the watering, but now at the tail end of January I’m dreaming again about tiny green things shooting out of the ground. I stare at the hard, cold dirt, covered in snow and wonder how my precious plants are doing under there. Are they going to survive? Are the hearty Hostas, the delicate Bleeding Hearts, the lively colored Lilies going to show themselves again? 
When I think about it, I realize I base my life upon the fact that my garden will return in the spring. I know that out of a frozen, dead landscape life will return again. That may be as deep as my faith goes. But it works for me these days. If lilacs and daisies and purple hyacinth can return from the dead, frozen earth I can believe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment