Thursday, March 14, 2013

Salty Sal


Whose idea was it to mess with the clocks twice a year?  I don't mind so much in the fall when I gain an hour of sleep, but this business in the spring when I lose an hour of sleep is craziness. Not only does it screw up my sleep, which is hard enough for a menopausal woman, but it has my daily regimen in an uproar.  When am I supposed to have lunch?  At 12 Noon, or when I'm hungry? Work breaks are at certain times and my stomach isn't happy with abrupt changes in it's feeding habits. What about my morning BM?  My body does what it's supposed to do at certain times of the day. I can change clocks all over the house and in the vehicles, but there is no "clock" setting on my body that can be adjusted. I feel sorry for children who have no idea why they're suddenly being pulled from their beds an hour early and then being put to bed when it's still daylight. They don't understand. At least I know why I'm feeling crabby. And chances are my mood won't improve until time is reverted back to its rightful place next fall. (And I get my hour back!)

1 comment: