Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Salty Sal


Are any of you interested in this baloney about a new Pope?  I think the Pope has pretty much gone the way of the of the royalty of England; much pomp and ceremony, history, status, and huge coffers of people's money, but no real power or influence. When I see hundreds of old, mostly white men parading around in bright red and gold satin capes and gowns I think of Jesus' words about how the servant is the master and the last shall be first. In my humble mind those words don't seem to jive with what is happening in Rome. Do you suppose Jesus had a personal tailor?  I think not.  Not so different than the dumb heads in the 2013 North Dakota Legislature parading around Bismarck in dark suits and ties giving giving tax breaks to oil companies and denying children free milk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment