Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hot as an Oven


It's 103 degrees outside on this late August evening.  It feels like an oven! And speaking of ovens, I found my October/November issue of Cook's Country in our mailbox tonight when I walked acoss the road in the sweltering heat to get the mail. While I had been looking forward to the cooler fall temps that could be just around the corner, after perusing through the pages of this magazine, autumn just can't come soon enough for me! With the air conditioner running non stop I'm drooling over Weeknight Chicken Cacciatore, Whole Wheat Penne With Baby Spinach, King Ranch Casserole, and even Dakota Chicken-and-Dumpling Soup (better known in these parts as knoephla).  So, weatherman, bring on the frosty mornings begging for a bowl of steamy oatmeal and let's have chilly evenings that can be warmed with a bowl of Dakota Knoephla.  I'm ready and waiting and I have new recipes to try!

1 comment:

  1. are you sure there is not an accompanying hot flash going on?

    ReplyDelete