Monday, May 21, 2012

The News From Whispering Pines


It's been a pretty good week.  We got our garden put in on Sunday. It was a sunny day, but not hot.  Perfect for working outdoors. Last summer we had a tiny garden with a few tomato plants. We enjoyed that project so much we decided to expand this year and see what happens.  When I was a child our family garden was a chore.  I didn't appreciate the value of home grown vegies.  A vegetable was a vegetable and it didn't matter to me where it came from as long as it was peas or corn.  The rest I could live without.  I've learned to love a wide variety of vegetables as I've gotten older.  My mouth waters for tomatoes and beans and eggplant and broccoli and spinach and peppers and onions and brussel sprouts and carrots and on and on... We didn't have space for all of those yummy vegies, but if we have success this year, we may need to expand again next summer.  Stay tuned for updates on the progress! 

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I am just putting in 2 raised beds for veggies as well. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have a beautiful area to garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love to see a man working the soil

    ReplyDelete