Sunday, November 5, 2017

Week-end Closet Cleaning

At work on Friday afternoon I asked a friend what she had planned for the week-end. She told me she wanted to tackle a closet that had gotten out of control, filled to the brim with things that accumulate over the years. She inspired me. After all, I had no plans. Other than to watch the Bison of NDSU, my alma mater, play the JackRabbits of SDSU on Saturday and Carson Wentz (I have a crush on him) of the Philadelphia Eagles, play on Sunday. My dear, devoted readers know of my strange love of football. Can’t be explained, it’s just one of those thangs! I know so little about the game, but when a ball is thrown with perfect precision and miraculously caught in mid air with three or four big strong men intent on blocking the catch I am in awe. No computers involved, just imperfect, perfect humans. A thing of beauty. Anyway, I digress. Back to the closet cleaning. I decided to tackle the closet where I keep my crafting things, and our games, and Christmas wrapping, and light bulbs, and toilet paper, and paper towels, and tax papers, and documents from my two contract home infusion jobs...anyway, you get the picture. It was a mess. I pulled out 2 bags of quilt batting, 3 bags of fiber fill, 5 half-filled rolls of last years Christmas wrapping and squished bows, 8 years of tax documents, a plastic tote full of random cords, an M&M Halloween costume, among other treasures. And then in the deep, dark depths... lurked...UNFINISHED PROJECTS. OMG. There was the partially finished hardanger hanging, the embroidered project ready to be made into a pillow, the face and arms of a doll waiting to see legs and a pretty dress. 

 I got the tax returns sorted, the documents filed, found a place for the toilet paper and paper towels and organized the Christmas wrapping paper. You never know, the doll may soon get legs and a dress. Stay tuned...!   

No comments:

Post a Comment